Friday, October 24, 2008

Checking on supper...

...with a basket on his head.
I thought you all might enjoy a sneak peek into a silly two year old's idea of fun. It always amazes me the way Joshua's little mind works. I have no idea what would have made him think to put this basket on his head and then check on our supper in the oven, but that's what he did last night. And, of course, I had the camera within arm's reach to catch it.
We're going to enjoy some birthday cake (and ice cream...at Joshua's request) tonight for a little family celebration tonight at home. Joshua is sharing his birthday with my cousin Cory and his fiancee Shannon since they're getting married tomorrow. So we'll be in Harrisburg/Hershey all day tomorrow for the festivities. We're going to turn the early part of the day into some special birthday activities with Joshua (including a trip to the Disney store to pick out something special) and perhaps a trip to Chocolate World while we're there. We'll see how it goes.
I have to admit that I feel like a bit of a bad mother for not turning his birthday into some big, elaborate party for him and I don't know where the pressure to do that even comes from. But I feel guilty. Hopefully he won't be scarred for life for having missed out on a big #2 birthday party. He'll actually get quite a party tomorrow night (our whole family will be at the wedding...and I mean WHOLE family...aunts, uncles, cousins, grandparents). There will be dancing and cake and everything, so maybe he won't even know the difference.
As MY present for his second birthday, Joshua has graced me with two nights in a row of all night sleeping. What a wonderful gift for his mama. I hope it continues...forever.
Have a great weekend everyone! Fight on State........BEAT THOSE BUCKEYES! In case anyone questioned our PSU loyalty, there are plans to watch the game (or at least portions of it) from the wedding reception tomrorow night. We're told that there is a nice bar with lots of TV's in it for the die hards in the family. Count me in.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Happy Birthday to you Joshua!!
From Amanda,Halle and Max