Wednesday, October 22, 2008

"Elmo-N-P"

Joshua is snoring away still this morning. I think part of the snoring is his cold that he's still fighting with and part of it is that he's really tired. We've been meeting in the middle of the night again lately...darn cold. And now he's catching up on some rest while I'm sitting here, dressed for work, waiting for Grandma so that I can make it to an 8:30 meeting.

But I figured I would take a quick second (since I've already started a load of laundry, made coffee, ate my cereal and got supper ready to be slid into the oven at 5:00) and share a Joshua moment from last night.

As usual, it was after his tub. He stood up on his changing table and pointed to the "No Parking" sign that is hanging on the peg shelf above his head. (His nursery theme is dump trucks...little did I know how fitting THAT choice would be.) He started pointing to the letters and saying his ABC's. He went ALL THE WAY THROUGH THE ALPHABET! The best part, at least in my opinion, was the L-M-N-O-P part. He said "Elmo-N-P". He still has absolutely no clue which letters are which to recognize them, but I'll cut him some slack there since he's not even 2. He will get lucky on occasion and be able to tell you what a letter is when you point to it...but it's generally a fluke. So when he got to Z, I yelled "YAY!" and then he yelled "YAY.....I did it!" like he was so proud of himself. And then he did it three more times. I think it was the cheering and hugs that he enjoyed.

So "Yay" little buddy! Mommy's so proud of you.

No comments: