Thursday, October 16, 2008

Counting down to Friday...

Still, this week, each morning Joshua asks me if it's Friday yet. He knows that on Friday, we're going to visit Nana and Pap (and Aunt Libby, Uncle Zig, Baby Brooke, Pappy Ray, Pappy Fred AND Freda....don't forget Freda...and John, Pama, Digger and Mia...and after he thinks about it, Uncle Butch, Aunt Rhonda and Stephie). Honest to goodness, those are all the names he says when you talk about going to Nana and Pap's house.

Then he gets going about the tractor. I sincerely hope the weather cooperates for Joshua and Pap to get to spend some time on the tractor. He's really counting on it.

And so, today (yet again) I was a slacker mother who didn't get a good picture of Joshua. My words are needing to suffice these days instead of photographs and I fear I'm losing your interest without snippets of Joshua in action. I apologize. Hopefully what we can come back with this weekend after visiting with Joshua and Brooke together will make up for it.

Tonight begins packing, cleaning, preparation for next week and all of the things that go into being away for the weekend. It also starts our spell of being away just about every weekend from now until Thanksgiving. Perhaps we'll leave the suitcases packed and in the car to avoid all of this work in the future.

Next week begins the countdown to Joshua's big #2 birthday. How can that be possible? If this is anything like last year, I'll be weepy, reminiscent and very sappy about the whole thing. So brace yourselves for what may be coming. So far, we're doing OK, although the thought of being the mom of a 2 year old doesn't seem quite right. Joshua tells me all the time, "Mommy, I not a baby aaaaaaaaaany-more. I a big boy now." And I guess he's right. But between you and me, he'll always be my baby.

More to come after the weekend. With pictures......I promise.

2 comments:

Karyn Kordes said...

Fear not, Megan! I will continue to be a follower of your blog, despite the lack of Joshua pics.

Have a wonderful weekend with your family!!! (And GO PSU!)

Megan said...

Karyn,

How nice of you to keep your faith in me.

Fight on State!

Megan