Friday, October 17, 2008

Not feeling 100%...

He may look peaceful, but our poor little buddy doesn't feel good today. Or last night. I can not possibly imagine how parents deal with their children being seriously ill. Poor Josh gets a bad cold and I'd do anything so that he wouldn't feel so crummy. You can see it in his eyes that he's just wiped out and completely miserable. We had a horrible night last night, but somehow it doesn't really matter when they're sick. I just felt awful for him. I laid him down at 9:00. I heard from him again at 10, 11, 12, 2, 3 and 4:30. Each time we were up for about 20 minutes until he could fall back to sleep. The problem was that he couldn't breathe--- so as soon as he'd be propped up in my lap, he drifted off like an angel. It took me until after midnight to get him a second pillow to create an incline of our own. It helped...a little. We've now begun our strict regimen of ocean drops (a miracle, I swear) despite Joshua's protests not to use them. He throws a fit upon seeing the bottle, but this is when I build on my unbelievable respect for people who deal with children in a medical capacity (Emily!).

So, Joshua & Bear are upstairs resting while I pack the car and wait for Jason to get home from the office for our trip to Lewistown. I figured I'd sneak in a quick picture while I could. I never get tired of looking at this little face while he's sleeping...

Happy weekend everyone! And to all of my fellow PSU Alumni and Friends----- Fight on State!!

No comments: