Sunday, October 19, 2008

Fun at Nana & Pap's House

Wearing Pap's Harley bandana...

Eating the "Green Ice Cream" Nana made to make me feel better! It worked!!

Playing guitar with Pap...
Riding like a big boy in our new car!

It was a great weekend. I feel like we squeezed a million things into the past two days, but I guess that's the making of a great weekend.

We got to Lewistown on Friday night in time for Joshua to have some special play time with Nana and Pap, and to take his first tractor ride with Pap, while Jason and I went and did some discussing at the Toyota dealership. With the problems we've been having with our Jeep and the car seat troubles we were experiencing, it was time to look into options that would accommodate our family if it ever grows larger than the three of us. So, an hour or so later, we were back at Mom and Dad's with the deal in the works for us to bring home a slightly used Highlander...which I LOVE! Being excited about this is a real stretch for me because everyone knows how much I HATE to buy cars. But this one is really nice, and I'm thankful that someone else put the first miles on it so that we could afford it! Joshua had some supper with Nana and Pap, Aunt Libby and Uncle Zig, and Pappy Ray and then played in the garage until we got home.

Saturday morning we went and finalized the vehicle purchase and brought it home with us. Joshua was in his glory playing with Nana. He perked up from being sick and was playing nicely all morning. He was so excited to spend the day with Nana and Pap while we went to the football game, and didn't complain at all (in fact, didn't even bother to say goodbye) before we left for PSU. We got over to Penn State around 2:00 and got parked (after making a loops around State College to get into a yellow lot that wasn't full). We walked 14 miles to get to the stadium (I may be exaggerating slightly) just in time to see the team busses pull up. Then we got to see the Blue Band march in, which was very cool. I know I'm a nerd, but it's OK...make fun of me all you like. I LOVE the Blue Band and I'm not afraid to admit it. The game was a bit stressful in the first half, but tons of fun during the second half. If you've never heard what 110,000 screaming people sound like when things are going well, or when they're trying to make trouble for the opponent, there's nothing like it. It was wonderful to see PSU break the Michigan curse. We were on the road shortly after 8:00 and home rocking Joshua to sleep by 9:30. By all accounts, a great day.

This morning we made a quick visit to Libby and Zig's to sneak a peek at Brooke. I feel like I didn't get to see them or spend any time with them with our deal making on Friday and then the game on Saturday. So it was nice to see them for a few minutes. I just love Brooke...and I feel a hooky day coming on shortly once I shake this cold and can touch her again. I wouldn't even breathe in the same vicinity as her this weekend.

Joshua is waking from his nap now, so I'm sure the evening will be filled with playing, hunting bears and reading stories. I can't wait! I think we're going to have a cheater dinner and order from Ciro's.

If you haven't caught up on Stacy's blog about Isaac's memorial service over the weekend, make sure you do. I just recommend a box or two of Kleenex before you watch the slide show. Good grief....a good cathartic cry is good for the soul, but I've had more than a few over this precious little boy.

No comments: