Wednesday, October 1, 2008

"Hewwo in there!"

Cheese!

Looking innocent...which he rarely is.


My pictures this morning don't really have anything to do with the post title, but I thought you'd all enjoy them anyway.

I have two stories today.

First, Joshua is taking quite a liking to music class. Each week when we go, I'm seeing him intereract more and more with the teacher (a client of mine) and the other kids in the class. It's a great study in children's personalities, though. There are the kids in the class who are the first ones to hop up and do whatever they're told (not Joshua). There are the kids who have a different opinion about everything the teacher wants to do...."I don't want to sing that song. I want to sing _______!" (not Joshua) There are the kids who are clearly in their own little world. When we're playing with drums, they're digging in the bag for the red ball that they want and pay no mind to the fact that they're not with the same program as everyone else. The best I can tell you about Joshua is that he's very inquisitive, but very cautious. I don't get the sense that he'll be the leader of the clique in high school. He likes to observe everything that's going on and then get involved when he knows what to expect and feels comfortable with what's going on. I usually have to coax him a little bit to hide like a bear with the other kids, but he loves it once he gets to jump out when the song says to. I usually have to remind him to stay at the big drum at the end of each song that they use it for, because as soon as it's done, he's back at my side. But he loves it. He's now started asking for music class in between Mondays. He's also learning to words to the songs that we sing. He's got his "Two Little Apples" song down perfectly. He's also learned "No Bears Out Tonight" and the squirrel somg that he likes. Last night, I was singing "Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes" trying to teach him where his knees were, and he was singing it completely from start to finish by the end of his bath. He repeated the trick this morning, so at least it stuck overnight.

I also have to share that last night I was upstairs in Joshua's room arranging his fall wardrobe and going through the pile of summer clothes that need to be put away, as well as the fall/winter stuff from last year that I was so sure I'd get another use out of. WRONG! This is when I pray for another boy someday so that I don't feel so wasteful about the mountains of clothing that aren't getting more wear. But that's not the story I'm leading into. No baby announcements coming from me. From his room, I heard Joshua downstairs yelling "Hewwo in there!" When I finally went downstairs, Jason explained to me that they were looking for bears. And Joshua had spotted one inside Daddy's ear! Can you imagine? So he was calling to the bear, of course, using his snake light from the toolbench to see it. I can't make this stuff up. I swear.

Busy week in our household. I'm actually just now getting caught up from being away last weekend...and it's Wednesday. Almost time to start going around again with cleaning/laundry/grocery shopping/etc. It's just one big hampster wheel...and I'm caught!

No comments: