Tuesday, December 16, 2008

"_______...Oh I LOVE __________"

Things have returned back to "under control" status at our house after the weekend's excitement. Luckily, there doesn't seem to be any lingering effects from the little peanut debacle. We are now the proud owners of two epi-pens to be kept with us all the time...although we're hoping like heck that we never have to use them. Our doctors were great yesterday and gave us some good advice. But they warned that if this was his first reaction, that we really need to be careful because the next one will be worse. That sufficiently freaks me out. We've begun the "peanut purge" from the house. Jason took the dreaded cookies to the office to pawn them off there. I brought a few jars of peanut butter and peanut butter products to the office to give them away. I also threw away quite a few things that showed peanuts on the labels- some that surprised me (a bag of chocolate chips, granola bars- and not peanut butter ones, etc.) So, we're making progress. It'll take some getting used to to be able to read labels and know what to watch out for, but we'll manage. Certainly, many kids have allergy issues far more severe than Joshua, so I consider us very lucky. But like many things since becoming a mom, I'll add "peanuts" to the long list of things I never dreamed I'd have to worry about.

Joshua was extremely high strung last night. I chalk that one up to the prednisone working its way out of his little system. Needless to say, I did not give him the additional dose last night. Hard to say what he might have been like with MORE of it. I couldn't even get him to sleep last night because he was thrashing around and wouldn't lie still long enough to fall asleep. Everything was fast---- he was talking fast, running fast...it was like baby speed. Amusing and scary all at the same time.

The post title is one of Joshua's latest phrases that cracks me up. Just about anything I mention gets this response. Take, for instance, breakfast this morning. "Joshua, let's make some french toast sticks for breakfast." "French toast sticks...Oh I LOOOOOVE french toast sticks." It happened a lot over the weekend too. We were talking about going to church on Sunday. "Church.....Oh I love church!" "Juice.....Oh I love juice." Insert just about anything you want. What a character.

This is turning into quite a random post, but we have other excitement going on today. The love seat is being delivered this morning to the house to complete the new front room. Yesterday the electrician finished his work in installing a TV cable, fixing a light and reinstalling our satellite box for the room. We've finished finding all of the furniture and have laid the rug in the room. Once the couch is in there, we'll be all set. Then all we need to do is finish with a throw of some sort, and DECORATIONS! Libby and I may have to make a little trip to Yoders when we're in Lewistown next week...LOOK OUT! I've already told Joshua that if he's a good boy today, maybe we'll all sit together in the new room and watch Polar Express tonight. It's his absolute favorite thing right now and the only thing on the planet that can make him sit still for over an hour.

So that's the update from our world here. Have a great day everyone!

No comments: