Tuesday, December 16, 2008

"Joshua Quotes.....Oh I LOVE Joshua Quotes!"

If you're wondering about this post title, read below. I'm guessing you missed the one from this morning.

Jason called me at lunchtime and made my day. I've been chuckling to myself for a few hours now and have told the story a few times to people in and out of the office. Now it's your turn. He had called home to ask his mom a question and got a chance to talk to the little man for a second. These little phone conversations are becoming legendary in our house, and oh how I wish I could record each of them for the sake of posterity. To freeze Joshua's "two-ness" would be such a gift. I know I'll probably say this more times over the years, but it really can't get much better than this.

Evidently Joshua explained to him that he had eaten lunch and was being a good boy. (My guess is that he's still thinking about my offer of sitting together in our new room and watching Polar Express together tonight if he was a good boy today.) Then, all of a sudden he said (and I quote), "Actually Daddy, I can't talk to you right now. I'm reading a book." And that was it.

"Actually".....really?

God blesses us with these little, awesome moments. I can't wait for the next one.

1 comment:

BrookesMommy said...

I LOVE HIM!
He's a genius! I told you!