Friday, January 2, 2009

Not me!

What a face! No joke, this is what I got this morning when I told him to "smile".

Picaso at work. Love those paint brushes Aunt Libby!

Happy New Year!
So, I've quite enjoyed blog hopping in recent months and have come across some super blogs written by other moms to share stories about their kids. As a confession, I feel a bit strange peeking in on people I've never met or might possibly have cause to meet, but I've been blessed and encouraged by quite a few. I don't know whether any of the rest of you share this little hobby, but maybe you've run across MckMama who does a "Not Me Monday" post each week about all the things that DID NOT happen to her family. Early on New Years Day, I had a moment that lends itself to a "Not Me" post of my very own. So here goes.

I absolutely DID NOT watch my son pick up a piece of dog food from the floor and swallow it down. I definitely did not chuckle at the face he made when he said, "Mommy, that was gross!" And I definitely did not gag a bit at the thought of our son and our dog eating the same thing. I also did not have a small panic attack and then run into the garage to check the ingredient bag for Watson's food to see if there were any stinking PEANUTS in it. Thankfully, there are not.

New Years was quiet- very quiet. I did have a surprise phone call from two of my favorite Penn State alumni who I have not spoken to in YEARS! So, if you're reading, thank you Drew and Cara for making my New Years Eve. They were both in Pasadena (where Cara lives) enjoying the PSU pep rally and Rose Bowl festivities. How wonderfully thoughtful of them to call me. Jason and I did have a little quiet time, but I'm half embarassed to tell you that I did not see the ball drop, although I may have dreamed about it. With Joshua's sleep troubles kicking back up again, the thought of being up late, up several times during the night and then up again early just about did me in.

We had a quiet day at home yesterday, but we did manage to get the house cleaned about about 4 loads of laundry done, folded and put away...including sheets on the beds. During most of the folding stage, Joshua saw fit to try everything on. He had disrobed and was putting shirts on the bottom of himself, wearing pajama tops as what appeared to be skirts. I have to admit that it was comical. But, with all of those jobs done, I feel like a rock star. So that leaves us with groceries to get on Saturday morning and the weekend laundry to do, but it should be manageable. That should leave us lots of play time...YAY!

So happy weekend everyone...even though this time of the year I never know what day it actually is with all the days off. Hopefully next week things will return to a little bit of a normal schedule. More to come...

No comments: