Monday, March 23, 2009

Quick run to Nana & Pap's...




Enjoying the blue "muffins" Aunt Libby made for him....he's got the best Aunt in the whole world!



Joshua and his cousin, Brewen, driving the Gator.



Josh looks determined. Brewen looks a little terrified.


We had the opportunity to head to Lewistown this weekend to help celebrate my Grandma Shirley's birthday with the Richard family. After a board meeting in the morning, Joshua and I headed off for a much anticipated afternoon and night with Nana and Pap. He was so excited!


Most of the family was gathered at my parents house when we arrived. We were planning a pretty low key gathering with hot dogs and cake and ice cream. I was looking very forward to visiting with everyone and to spend some time with Brooke. I know I say it every time I come back from visiting with her, but she grew so much since I saw her a few weeks ago! I just couldn't believe it. She's more adorable than ever...and all it takes is one of those smiles to melt your heart. We had a blast visiting with Cory and Shannon (due Sept 29th with their first baby) and Stacie (due July 31 with their BABY GIRL). With the house already overflowing with all things baby between Brooke and Josh and baby Dre, we are beginning to realize just how INSANE the family parties are going to be this Christmas with three brand new babies on top of the ones we already love so much. One thing is for sure. There will be no shortage of helpers, and no shortage of people who are ready to hold the little ones. We're definitely not lacking in the departments of love or support in my family...and I can't even tell you how blessed that makes me feel.


Joshua got to spend some time outside with the Gator and did an OK job of steering. He needs to practice a bit more, and perhaps when there aren't 12 cars in my parents' driveway that he could hit. He insisted on driving right through the cars....enough to give me a panic attack. All we needed was 12 insurance claims for damage by Gator. He and Brewen did a pretty good job of sharing the driving duties. Joshua eventually moved on to pulling his wagon around the obstacle course of cars, through the mulch and up over the edge of the driveway.


He chowed down on his hot dog once he realized that that was the gateway to his "muffin". Grandma Shirley had requested a chocolate cake with peanut butter icing for her birthday treat. Since that's off limits for Joshua, Libby decided that he should have some cupcakes that he could eat. Oh my goodness was he excited!


We returned home on Sunday morning with one very cranky little boy. He doesn't sleep very well when we're at Nana and Pap's house, so he was tired, and had 3 different total meltdowns before we stopped lunch midstream and went upstairs for a nap. He couldn't stand himself for one more second...and frankly, neither could we. After a good nap, he awoke in much better spirits and even earned himself a walk to the playground. Daddy taught him how to go down the fireman's pole (with some assistance of course) and it took all our might to get him to come home with us when it was time for supper. He LOVES to play on the playground, but something tells me that if we went to the expense and the trouble to put one up in our backyard, it would lose its appeal. We'll see.


And now, it's Monday. Back to the grind. It's been a wonderful day today, though, so I have no complaints. I hope all of you are also having good days...and have a week full of them.


I'm already super excited because Jason and I have a date on Friday night. It's the first one in quite some time, but Nana has agreed to come and stay with Joshua so that we can go out to dinner. I'm embarrassed to tell you how infrequently we do this....really, really embarrassed. But I'm looking forward to it a lot.
More tomorrow, I'm sure...



1 comment:

Emily said...

Wow, there might be a total eclipse or something this weekend. You and Jason on a date...and Earl and I going away for the weekend. It's about time we put the Grandma's to work! Have a fun time. Remember, you can always call me. I'm glad to watch Josh for a few hours. Your house or mine!
Have fun.