Monday, March 16, 2009

Thinking SPRING!









I felt spring fever creeping in this weekend...and we soaked up every possible second of outside time that we could.

Joshua and Daddy had a special day together on Saturday while I was at my United Way retreat. It sounds like they had lots of outside play time, and aside from a temper tantrum when it was time to come inside (the beginning of a pattern), all went well. Joshua had announced that he was NOT going to take a nap for Daddy, but I returned on Saturday afternoon to find him snoring away. We hit the swings when he got up and had a blast. Again, the only downfall was the screaming and carrying on when it was time to come home.

Sunday morning we went to church and had another great service. Joshua's really on a roll sitting through church. The ticket seems to be lollipops right now...so as long as we have one of those, we're in good shape.

After a nap in the afternoon (for both of us), we headed out into the front yard to play until supper time. Joshua is really working on the tricycle and refining his skills on that. Finally, his little legs are long enough to reach. He loved getting the tractor and his lawn mower out and racing around with those. Everyone in our neighborhood must have had the same idea because the development was buzzing with activity. This time of year is always nice because you remember that you DO have neighbors.

I have one funny story from the weekend that Joshua reminded me about this morning when we woke up. We went for a treat on Saturday night after dinner. Rita's has opened in Lewisburg, so we decided to go there to get a snack. We ate it at home and had put some of Joshua's ice into a bowl for him. He insisted on carrying it back and forth between Jason and I, and was coming dangerously close to spilling it. Jason said something. Joshua repeated it. I'll give you the Joshua version for the sake of appropriateness. I think you'll see why. (This has been repeated MANY MANY times since Saturday night, and was the first thing he told me this morning when I opened his bedroom door.)

"I'm going to spill my ice cream and Daddy is going to be DIS-MISSED!!!"

I'll bet you can't figure out what it was that Jason said, can you? This kid is part parrot, I swear.

1 comment:

Emily said...

I'm glad to hear that our daddy is not the only one who gets Dis-missed! How funny.