Monday, March 2, 2009

Whirlwind Weekend

What a weekend it was at our house! Maybe we've just been sufficiently boring for the majority of the winter, but I felt like we squeezed in about as much activity during Saturday and Sunday of this week as we have in all of January and February!

Friday evening, I really should have gotten some chores done, but we ended up hanging out and doing some playing instead of anything productive. I have to say, that was much more fun than crossing things off of my ever-present list of things to do.

Saturday morning, Joshua and Jason ventured to Rene's for a haircut. Joshua evidently sat like a big boy all by himself in the barber chair and conversed with Rene the whole time he got his hair cut. Jason said he even got a little bossy and said, "Rene, I think you're forgetting something. Didn't you forget to brush me off?" He was very proud of himself for being such a good boy. He left with not one, but two lollipops and a snazzy new haircut.

While this was going on, I was frantically running through the aisles at Walmart getting our groceries. It's amazing how FAST you can go without a toddler to be concerned about giving whiplash. I had the goods, stopped at Byerly's for meat and was pulling into the driveway at the same time as my parents.

Mom and Dad came for a visit in the morning and had lunch in tow. Oh I love that! It isn't until you have a child that you realize the value of someone who brings cooked, yummy, ready to eat food to your house. We played and had lunch together and had a grand time. Joshua was very excited to see them.

Saturday afternoon we got a call to go to a little State Farm friend gathering for the evening, which we were happy to accept. Our friends Jim and Karen have a little girl, Delaney, who is just about 8 months old, and Chris and Tina have a little girl, Addison, who is six weeks younger than Delaney. So we let the kids play a little, ate some pizza, played a little Wii and had a good evening. I'm not completely into the Wii craze, but we did have a few laughs. And I KICKED EVERYONE'S tail at bowling. (That never happens in real life...I believe I scored a 10 the last time we were bowling....and that was for the whole game. No joke.) We brought a very sleepy little boy home just in time for a late bath and bedtime on Saturday night, but he seemed to have a very good time.

Sunday morning, Joshua and I got up and went to church. He was a champ again- even through a long service WITH communion. It was after noon until we got home, but he really seems to enjoy going to church at this new place. He listens...which makes me wonder what it is he's hearing or understanding about things that are going on. Who knows...but he certainly could be soaking in worse things. The church decision and church change has been the best thing for me so far in 2009...I can feel the difference and I'm really appreciating the change of pace.

Here are a few pictures from our fun weekend...




This week is likely to be a bit of whirlwind, although I'll try to post as I'm able. We're leaving Thursday for Key Club Convention in Hershey. Joshua's quite excited about the trip, although I doubt he realizes that he's likely to be bored there. I think he'll enjoy seeing all the people and all the commotion. With the new baby coming, this is going to be our last Key Club convention for a while. We're feeling the constraints of trying to juggle everything the way we have been, and we're realizing that simplicity means a lot to us right now in the extra things that we can control in our lives. So, we'll be stepping away no later than this spring to allow for some extra time as a family and making the adjustment to being a foursome instead of a threesome.
Hope everyone has a great week!!

No comments: