Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter Weekend





Not the best picture, but one or both of them was squirmy in all of the pictures.

We've returned from our weekend trip to Lewistown and, I think, finally have everything unpacked and in it's rightful place. Joshua had a great time, despite the fact that he felt really crummy most of the weekend. I know, because I was right there with him. Our colds went from bad to really, really, really bad on Thursday and Friday. And honestly, Saturday and Sunday weren't great either. We're both perking up a bit today, but it's been a long haul.

Highlights of the weekend would definitely include Joshua finding all of the eggs that the Easter Bunny hid for him while he napped on Saturday afternoon, as well as the special Easter treats he found from Grandma, Nana and Pap, and Aunt Libby & Uncle Zig. We ate an awesome Easter dinner on Saturday night and then got up and went to church at my home church on Sunday morning. Joshua and Brooke both ended up in the nursery for the second half of church, but we had fun catching up with all of the other little ones who were in there.

I find myself home unexpectedly for a majority of this week due to a sudden death in Jason's family. Joshua and I spent this morning doing chores, then we went to the library to pick out some new books to read and then took a trip to Mommy's office to do a little work and give Bonnie a break for lunch. I've made our Easter eggs into egg salad that I might have to close my eyes to eat. It is...shall we say...tinted by the dye from the eggs. Looks festive and slightly scary at the same time. Next on my list is changing our sheets and folding laundry. Gotta love being ahead of schedule, although not under good circumstances in this case. I expect to be home tomorrow and then again on Wednesday to attend funeral services. Nana will be on the way to help for the day of the funeral once we hear when that's scheduled.

No comments: