Sunday, April 26, 2009

Haven't been very good at this lately...



I wish I had a REALLY good, interesting reason for being MIA over the past few days. We've been here, doing our very same uninteresting things that we usually do, but I haven't had enough time to write about them...and perhaps feared that the broken-record might sound a bit boring to you. But there are a few things going on that have me behind schedule, or perhaps have redirected my attention from blog posts to other things. I'll recount...in case you're interested.

Closet Job--- Oh my goodness. I consider myself a relatively neat person. Everyone tells me I can keep a pretty neat house, and I take pride in that, despite the mountain of toys that we live with. However, I've learned something about myself in the last week or so. I'm a closet junkie. If you can shove things behind a door and shut it for the world NOT to see, that's evidently what I do. Jason and I are working to consolidate our closets (one walk-in full for him, one walk-in full for me) down to one walk-in period. Yikes. But what I learned when I started to tackle this job is that I have not cleaned out my closet (and I mean REALLY cleaned out my closet) since college. Ridiculous. About 6 garbage bags of clothes went to be donated...and that's what I didn't think would sell in our yard sale. I think I had a serious problem. It's better now, but I make a vow never to let that happen again.

Yard Sale--- Next weekend in Milton is the infamous Community Yard Sale Day. On this day every year, millions of insane people descend upon Greenbriar Drive. I do not exaggerate. They all come seeking bargains. We, personally, seek to clean out our basement. So, it's been two years since we've put anything out for this sale and we're planning to do so this year. Which means that I need to get my act together. The closet project has zapped all free (read: Joshua sleeping) time that I have in the past week, so this week is crunch time. I'm planning a Tuesday afternoon at home as well as all day Friday to prep this stuff and get it outside. Making a few bucks would be nice, but getting the crap out of the basement would be better.

Nice Weather--- Every spare second we've had that was not involving my head in the closet sorting through Heaven only knows what, we've been outside with Joshua. We've had trips to the park, lawn mowing, chalk drawing (his most recent masterpiece is a whale, a bunch of pelicans and the number 100 all in the driveway....no joke), and even a pizza party with Sydney. See why I haven't written?

So now at least I've shared the reasons for my absence. I know they're not great ones. And at least I've shared one new Joshua picture. I'll work on more today if I can. Nap time today starts the work in the basement.......Lord, give me strength.

No comments: