Friday, April 17, 2009

Sequence & Back in the Rhythm...

Duck.
Horse.
Chipmunk.
Climbing Tower.
Slide.
Swing #1.
Swing #2.

Repeat.

Then repeat again.

I'm noticing a few patterns developing with Joshua lately. He's turning into quite the sequencer. Partially, it scares me. And the other part of me figures that this is totally normal due to the genes he inherited. I tend to do things in the exact same order as well. Makeup. House cleaning. Grocery lists. Just about everything happens the exact same way every time I do it. Joshua has started to exhibit that as well.

Yesterday he woke up from his nap quite literally begging me to take him on a walk to the playgrounds. It was so beautiful and I had dinner under control, so we went. We had a blast, but I couldn't help but notice that Joshua had to do the activities in a very particular order...and then complete the circuit multiple times before we left.

We ended up going on another walk in the evening with Darla and Sydney, and he repeated the same sequence then too. On a side note, two walks in one day for this ever growing mommy was wonderful! Warm weather is going to be welcomed for the opportunity to get some blasted exercise!

--------------------------

I'm also back in the rhythm this morning to return to work after a brief little "vacation" of sorts. It's been a very strange week, but such a blessing to have the opportunity to spend 4 days in a row with Joshua. We had so much fun. Yesterday was a day to do all of our jobs in an effort to save our weekend for some fun things. We cleaned the house from top to bottom, did about 3 loads of laundry (well, 2 1/2....one load is still in the dryer to be folded and put away), went grocery shopping, spent an hour at the office to give Julie a break for lunch, took a great nap, made dinner......we were PRODUCTIVE! We spent a few hours playing outside enjoying the nice day, as well. By all accounts, it was a great one.

I'm hoping to hit the St. Mary's Street park (Emily will probably be the only person who reads that and knows what I'm talking about) on Saturday morning for a while. We'll see how that shakes out. I'm betting that everyone in Lewisburg will likely have the same idea. It's like the mother of all playgrounds and Joshua absolutely loves it there. I'll take the camera if we go.

So it's back to reality for today....but that's OK. I don't mind our reality too much. But I will be anxious to get home to my buddy after work.

No comments: