Wednesday, May 6, 2009

The Dugans Take Manhattan

Not THAT Dugan.

The Grown Up Dugans.

I thought I should post a quick update before we head to the big city tomorrow for a few days away in New York. Yes, I'm panicked about leaving Joshua for two nights. But we didn't think it was a real good idea to take him to the Waldorf Astoria, nor to the two fancy dinners that we're attending while we're there. He'll do MUCH better with Nana (Thursday and Thursday night) and Grandma (Friday and Friday night). I'm betting that I'll be anxious to get home to him on Saturday, but I think Jason and I will have an awesome time getting away for a couple of days.

The cause of the trip is a conference that Jason needs to attend there on Friday. I'll be meeting up with my cousin, Danaca, to tour the city. We had planned to visit the Today Show on Friday morning, but have squelched those plans due to the summer concert series beginning on Friday morning for which people are already camping out. It's the New Kids On The Block (yep Lib.....no kidding) which I think I can do without. So who knows what we'll get into during the day, but I'm sure it'll be fun.

Friday evening, we have a dinner to attend at the University Club which ought to be a highlight for sure. Then we'll get up Saturday morning, get some breakfast and head back home to our favorite little man, and one tired Grandma.

I'll do my best to get some pictures of our adventures.

In other news, Baby Dugan has decided that they LOVE english muffins with strawberry jelly. A lot. I must confess that I have been through a package of english muffins already since Friday with no end in sight. I just may pack them along with me to the Waldorf. It could be worse, I suppose. But that's right up there with the BMT and meatball subs at Subway. Oh I do love those too. (I know I shouldn't be eating deli meat, but that's one pregnancy rule I've ignored both times around.)

I'll return again on Saturday or Sunday....once I recover from the pile of laundry we accumulate from being gone a few days. And once I'm done loving my buddy from having missed him terribly. On second thought, you might not see me until Monday.

1 comment:

Emily said...

I ate the lunch meat too! If you followed every single "no-no" of pregnancy you might be able to get by on bread and water. And even that's up for debate!
Have fun this weekend. I can't believe you're not camping out for New Kids! You sound like you're getting old or something!!!