Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Fun Pictures...










I wish I had more time to write today, but I find myself with a to do list far longer than the remaining hours in this day could possibly allow me to finish, even if I had super human powers. But I wanted to share a few photos since it'll be a couple of days before I'm back to blogging.

Grandma had quite a surprise for Joshua on Monday when she arrived. After spending some time cleaning out Jason's section of the attic, she came bearing Matchbox cars from Daddy's past. Some were even the initial Transformer type that turn into robots. Oh the joy on our son's face when Daddy helped him turn his trucks into robots. He was amazed. (And Jason had a ball reliving his days gone by.) The pictures above show Joshua enjoying his "new" Matchbox cars and driving them all over the couch. I wish you could hear his sound effects that go with them!

The last picture makes me laugh. Somewhere, Joshua picked up a silly saying of "Wrench......SCRREWDRIVER!" in the raspiest, goofy voice. He cracks himself (and us) up every time he does it. I just happened to have the camera to capture his face one time. So silly....and I record it here so that someday, 20 years from now, I can remember how adorable and precious he was at this particular period in time when wrenches and screwdrivers gave us a serious case of the sillies.

Tomorrow morning Jason and I are off for a few quiet, relaxing days together at Nemacolin. I love the idea of going away and spending some quality time with him. I hate the idea of leaving Joshua for a few days, but I'm pretty sure you already knew that and could anticipate my saying so. I know he'll be fine, have a ball with Grandma on Thursday/Thursday night and Nana on Friday/Friday night/Saturday. I also know how much I'll love the hug and kiss I get when we get home on Saturday.

And now, it's back to that pesky list. Things like packing, house cleaning, getting dinner supplies for the grandmas for while we're away, business responsibilities, etc. are really cramping my blogging style. But I guess that's the way it's going to have to be.

I'll return on the weekend--- hopefully still feeling the effects of the amazing prenatal massage (80 minutes worth) that I'll enjoy on Friday afternoon. To lay on my stomach for an hour plus sounds like Heaven on earth to me.

No comments: