Friday, July 17, 2009

Nothing runs like a Deere...

This is what happens when you grow so much that your small, cute, "baby tractor" (which, by the way, looked awfully big and ran awfully fast when we first introduced it to our little tractor boy) is too small. As Jason and I watched Joshua's little one struggle to take his 28 pounds around our yard the other night, we realized that it had been outgrown. But for Joshua NOT to have a tractor to help Mr. Fernandez cut the grass, or to help Jason with our yard work seemed a cardinal sin. So, Daddy got shopping. Last night, he came home with an upgrade--- a John Deere with a wagon on the back for hauling your tools. What more could a boy need?

They worked and worked in the garage to get the tractor put together. Jason describes Joshua's excitement as a little over the top. I describe it by the picture I took. See.....


Some genius at the John Deere plastic tractor manufacturer sent the battery with at least a little juice in it. If I could kiss that person, I might. Because the decals weren't even on the tractor yet and Joshua just could not wait one more second to try it out. It has since been decked out with all of the official John Deere signage. Frankly, it amazes me a little bit how real the thing actually looks.

So off he went, around the house, through the yard, with his tools in the wagon searching for things that needed his attention. On a side note, I have to say how funny it is to watch small people with a pretty good mastery of steering. I'm pretty sure that I wasn't even this good at maneuvering when my mom took me out for my first driving lesson in the Buick Century.

The tractor is now happily charging in the garage, preparing for its next adventure. I'm pretty sure Joshua spent the night dreaming about green and yellow. Makes no difference to me because he didn't call for me even once during the night last night. Hooray!
Today he'll get to visit his beloved Gator at Nana and Pap's house, so I'm sure he'll be chomping at the bit to get there and get moving. Seriously, what did we ever do as children before the invention of motorized toys? I think the best I had was a big wheel and a Huffy two-wheeler.

1 comment:

Barb said...

Megan, you're just a baby. I can't even remember 31. Anyway, it's sounds like you had a great birthday. Congratulations on turning 31.