Friday, August 21, 2009

And the best story of the night goes to......Daddy!

I don't have any pictures to back up this little tidbit of Joshua-ness and you'll see why in a second.

Jason told me this morning that he had something he thought I should know. I feared that this could be a big one...like the John Deere tractor he has been teasing me about buying is now on order or would be delivered to us this weekend, or something along those lines. But instead he told me that when he came upstairs to bed last night he had a funny encounter with Joshua. I was puzzled, because Jason was already asleep when I left Joshua's room after getting him to sleep and I didn't recall any interactions between the two men in my life.

Evidently as Jason climbed the steps, he saw Joshua sitting straight up in his bed. He looked adorable in his "Crabby" pajamas. (I may have added that part, but I'm sure it's true.) Joshua quickly shooed Jason back downstairs. When he asked why he had to go back downstairs, Joshua said, "Daddy, we have to be really quiet. Mommy is sleeping!"

Busted. I'm one of those people who, when their head hits the pillow, it's a matter of seconds before I'm out for the count. Generally after I make it through the books that Josh has selected for the night (Peter Pan and How Lucky You Are were last night's choices), I'm yawning and perfectly ready to nod off. Joshua was particularly stubborn about falling asleep last night and insisted that I needed to lay down beside him. And there you have it folks. One asleep Mommy. And one not asleep little boy. But wasn't he sweet for not waking me up?

1 comment:

BrookesMommy said...

Too sweet!
And believe me, I know ALL TOO well that you fall asleep in a matter of seconds!!

Remember all those nights that we slept out on the porch at Poe Valley - you'd be telling a story and then just stop...mid-sentence...dead asleep!

HAHAHAHAHA!