Thursday, September 17, 2009

Husband of the year goes to...

...my husband!

When I walked into the house last night following a late appointment with clients, I was greeted to a "SURPRISE!" from the guys. I have to tell you that I would not have been this excited if I had been greeted with a new diamond, or a new car, or a million dollars. But what they did for me was far greater of a gift.

They cleaned the house for me. The whole thing. Even the bathrooms. And changed the sheets on the bed. They did leave the shower and the bath tub to be scrubbed, but I'll gladly do that one job as opposed to the 12 that they already took care of.

This is not the first time that this has happened, but it is an infrequent treat for me. And I haven't exactly been looking forward to high-tailing it home this evening to start the weekly list of things that need to be cleaned. That's not to say that I don't have a list of things to do, but it doesn't involve dusting, running the sweeper or scrubbing toilets and for that I am beyond grateful. With being THIS pregnant, just having a few less things to do means a whole lot.

Jason's a great husband. He's helpful, he does things around the house, he's a great daddy to Joshua and Joshua adores him. I can't wait to watch him fall in love with his daughter, and I know he will. I don't tell him enough that I appreciate him, but I do. And cleaning the house.....well that just took his stock WAY up!

No comments: