Friday, November 6, 2009

God Bless...

...this mess.
This is how the living room generally looks during the day time. We usually get it cleaned up and put back together by the time Jason gets home...usually. I just found this particular mess especially horrid and thought I should document it.


...the little boy who saw fit to line up his Matchbox cars in a straight line. No question about whether he's going to be the typical first born Type A personality, huh? He gets it honestly...from both sides.



...this precious little boy who is starting to get back to normal a little bit more. He's crying less. Throwing fewer temper tatrums (he must have sensed that I was on the edge the other day...my bags were packed to run away from home). He's sleeping a little bit more through the night. Yesterday he sat so nicely and made some art projects with me. He was practicing his cutting and also his letters with his dot art markers. What a fun time we had. This was also after we had danced to some kids' CD's that were sent to us from some friends. It was a super morning.


And finally...God bless this little angel. I took a picture of her snoozing away this morning. Last night I was sure it was going to be a horrible night because she had snoozed in Jason's arms the better part of the evening. Generally that doesn't bode well. Much to my surprise, when I laid her down at 9:45 she stayed asleep until 3:15. I had woken up at 2:25 with...well...soreness from being so full. When I went to check on her, I really struggled with the idea of waking a perfectly asleep little baby and eventually decided not to after starting at her for a few minutes. She was just too peaceful. Shortly after that, she woke up on her own, ate like a champ and went right back to sleep. I didn't hear from her again until 6:15 when she started to stir.


And I have no idea why this picture is sideways. The mysteries of Blogger, I suppose. But she's still cute and I just had to show off those bright stripes.

We have a big weekend on taps here. Tonight we're headed to church for a spaghetti dinner for people who are new to the church in the past year or so. It's such a nice gesture. Joshua is excited to eat noodles. I'm anxious to get out of the house and get to know some more of the people from the church a little better. Tomorrow Jason and a friend of ours are headed to Happy Valley to enjoy the game. Oh how I'm jealous. But, I'm just as excited to spend the day at home with the kids, Libby, Brooke and it's rumored that my mom may join them. We'll have a great time, and I'll be thrilled for some additional energy and attention for the kids. I'm missing Brooke something fierce as well, so I can't wait to see her. Sunday we may not venture to church due to the rest of the commotion going on, but I'm sure we'll be busy. There are groceries that need to be purchased and bathrooms that need to be cleaned. By then, I'm also certain that there will be a load or six of laundry that need some attention.

For now, Mommy duty calls. Happy weekend!

No comments: