Wednesday, December 16, 2009

The Equestrian & The Lady in Red

Just a few pictures to share today. I'm not feeling as though I have a whole lot of impressive things to say these days. But the kids are still cute, and I'm quite enjoying the opportunity to be here during the day to snap pictures and make memories of all of these adorable "little" moments. Take this one for instance...

I'd like to introduce you to Joshua, the equestrian. (Definitely something you need to know about when you're 3, right?) Lauren and I spent the day at the office yesterday and when we returned, I learned that Joshua and grandma had spent the better part of an hour studying two pages in his sticker book that had to do with all things horse related. In this picture from this morning, Josh was pretending to ride his horse (the arm of the chair). He told me his feet were in the stirrups and he was sitting in the saddle. He had his gloves and his "stick" (as he called it) and was tapping the back of the horse, who incidentally is named Shadow, to make him go. Interesting.


And then there's this little lady, who I am absolutely LOVING in red. Ever since I purchased these little outfits this summer, it felt like forever until I'd get to see the baby in them. Now that we've made the switch to 3 month outfits, I am adoring her in these little "Brooke-esque" onesies and stretch pants during the day. There's still plenty of pink to be worn, but this is a fun switch from time to time.

She has discovered her tongue and always has it sticking out of her mouth. She's also found her fist and is sucking on it just about all the time. Her other fascination is her ears. At first I thought she might be getting sick because she was playing with her ears so much, but when she's eating, her hands are right at her ears almost all the time.

And I don't know for sure, but I can't imagine you're upset that I included one with a smile. We're seeing tons of these now and are getting mighty close to hearing our first giggle. She also channels Grandma Mary with a very airy snicker that we hear from time to time. My mom and Libby might be the only two people who understand what I mean by that, but every time I hear it, I think of my Gram.

Holiday preparations continue at full speed at our house. As the first of the family parties approaches on Saturday, there is still quite a bit to do, but I'm enjoying all of it so much. I hope you are too.
More to come...

No comments: