Friday, December 18, 2009

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.........

Naps have been oh so nonexistent in our house ever since Lauren was born. I mourned that for a while, but now just seem to be over it. I am, however, always thankful when an impromptu nap comes along to brighten the afternoon....like it did on Wednesday. This is just one more use for the ever present Boppy pillow. It worked like a charm!

And how about this for a lap full? Joshua had requested that we watch the Polar Express (I know you're shocked). He almost made it to the end of the movie, but lost the battle to keep his eyes open after Santa had declared the "first gift of Christmas". So there we were, all three of us, cuddled up on the couch.

---------------------------------------------------
Christmas festivities begin this weekend with a trip to Lewistown tomorrow for the first of our family celebrations. I'm beyond excited and can't wait to see all of the "kids" (my generation) and their kids! I've got packing and baking on my list of things to do today to get ready. Packing is really of the utmost importance, but I am feeling quite side tracked by a recipe we saw on the Food Network last weekend for Paula Deen's brownies with Andes candies in them. Until I get them baked, I don't think I can focus on something as mundane as packing. I'm taking them to the party tomorrow because I'm pretty sure if I don't, we'll consume the entire pan of them. And really, that many calories onto this body is not necessary.

I pulled a late night on Wednesday evening finishing the wrapping job for all of the presents that have accumulated in our basement. I'm quickly learning that being Santa's helper is a big job, and requires many late night shifts and a lot of sneaky behavior. There are still 3 things that need to be wrapped prior to our departure for Lewistown on Wednesday afternoon, but I think I can manage them between now and then...once Alan, the UPS man, brings them to me. What would I have done without Alan this Christmas season? Perhaps I should share my brownies with him.
-----------------------
Update: Brownie disaster. They did not look like this when Paula Deen baked them. They may not be salvageable.

No comments: