Sunday, December 20, 2009

The things I should be doing...

There are lots of things I should be doing right now. Like laundry (why does it always seem that I'm saying that?). But instead, I'm spending some time downloading (and uploading) the pictures I took this weekend during our trip to my parents' house for the first of our family Christmas parties. The weather was horrendous, and far worse in Lewistown than it was here. But we decided to try and make it early on Saturday morning, and luckily succeeded without too much incident....aside from the one accident we saw on 104 that had us following a Middleburg ambulance through some very much untreated field roads to find our way back to a main road.


Instead of unpacking the bags that I'm just going to have to pack again on Wednesday, I'm thinking about these two little munchkins. Joshua was playing Santa and Brooke had to sit on his lap to tell him what she wanted for Christmas. She just giggled. Oh how I love her.

Instead of reading emails and catching up on work, I'm thinking about all of the "cousins" time we had yesterday...and how our conversations have changed over the years. We now sat around the table, eating snacks (some still enjoying whiskey slush, although I was not one of them) talking about our kids and parenting and all of that good stuff.

Instead of wrapping the last few gifts that are waiting in the basement, I'm thinking about how much Joshua LOVES his Uncle Butch. They were having a great time yesterday, and it even ended with a special private guitar concert in Club Bob.

Instead of starting to write thank you notes for all the precious gifts Joshua and Lauren received, I'm smiling about the full house we had yesterday. How do you like this aerial view of the people, and presents, and piles! There were a whole bunch more people there, but they were gathered around the food to avoid being part of the madness with the kids opening their treasures.
There are a lot of things I ought to be doing. But I'm having fun looking at pictures.

Lauren got to meet Danaca and Christine for the first time yesterday. I think she liked them a whole bunch, as do we.
She also got a few really good cuddles in with Stephanie. She still remembers her visit to us right after we came home from the hospital, I think. Steph is just the most fun EVER...and Josh and Lauren definitely know it! While we're on the subject of cousins, we should point out that we desperately missed Neen and Joe and Cory, Shannon and Ridge due to the yucky weather. Can't wait to see them on Thursday at the next gathering!
There's a whole bunch of anticipation going on at our house right now. This week is going to be a blast with our travel BACK to Lewistown on Wednesday afternoon and then Santa's arrival on Thursday night. I bet you can't tell that Joshua is a bit excited, can you?

Lots more pictures to come this week. We are so blessed, and the holiday season seems to bring it all into focus so clearly.
Enjoy the anticipation this week! What a great celebration we have to look forward to in a few short days.











No comments: