Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Home again, home again, jiggety jig.

Day three of being home with the kids is about to begin. I have to say that although I feel incredibly guilty for having missed some of the things I've missed this week, I haven't regretted a moment of being home with Josh and Lauren and sharing some time with them that is unhurried, unscheduled, and uncomplicated. Perhaps this has all been an incredible gift and I'm making a conscious effort to look at it that way. God may be smiling on us again tomrorow if the weather hits the way it is predicted to. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Here's Miss Lauren last night while eating her cereal. Cute as ever, this little girl steals my heart more and more every single day. She's happy, giggly and super cuddly and I'm loving having a couple of days to spend with her in my arms (since that's where she insists upon being when I'm around). Although holding her while playing with Joshua and getting things done around the house can get complicated, I know she'll only be little for what seems like a blink of an eye, so I'm not too hard on myself for "holding her too much", "not making her self-soothe" or any other number of things that would likely be criticized about the way we do things. I have a feeling I'll look back in 4 or 5 years when she's too big to hold and won't regret a single second of toting her around with me and talking to her, just like I did her big brother. I just love her to pieces and am so thankful she's ours.


The other thing I noticed about Lauren yesterday is that she has apparently been watching too much figure skating on the Olympics because she has taken to holding her toes above her head while she's nursing. I just keep thinking that if I tried to do something like that, I'd be in traction for sure. She's fascinated by her feet and constantly has wet socks from chewing on them. Absolutely everything is going straight to her mouth these days, but we still don't have the appearance of any little white teeth yet.

And this one literally cracks me up. I won't be attempting to print this photo because we all know what happens when you ask the ladies at Walmart's 1 Hour Photo to print a picture of a butt......


As always, there's a story to go with this one. Josh was using the potty and heard a truck out front. There's not a single truck that goes by that he doesn't inspect and ask 86 questions about (where is it going, what's in the back, who's driving it, where does it sleep when it's not working, and on and on and on). So, with pants around his ankles, he ran (pretty fast given the circumstances) and made it to the front window to see the truck. The camera was close by enough that I didn't miss it.

Happy Wednesday everyone! Today is Joshua's second school day this week...a feat we've yet to accomplish, but it's looking good for today. Can't wait to see what he learns today.

No comments: