Thursday, February 25, 2010

And now it snows...of course.

Is there anything cuter than a baby in pajamas? I think not!

I called her Baby Red Bird all day yesterday. If you don't get the reference you've clearly not watched as much Mickey Mouse Clubhouse as I have.


Home again. This time due to the snow that, up until now has been a big fat lie. It was supposed to be a blizzard, so we decided I'd stay home. But at 3:22 I can officially report nothing more than a wet driveway. How much do you want to bet that TOMORROW is going to be the nightmare day and I'll have to stay home then too.



I'm going to let go of my guilt for not being at work and enjoy the job of soaking up some good time with the kids.

Joshua and I have a big job to do later. It actually has me in a bit of a quandary. Yesterday when I picked him up from school (of course, AFTER I had braved the grocery store on the day before the predicted end-of-the-world snowstorm) I was advised that Friday is Donnie's birthday and he's bringing cupcakes. So I would need to bake a cupcake for Joshua to bring along so that he can partake in the birthday celebration. I was so pleased that his teachers thought to let me know ahead of time so that Josh wasn't left out. The bad news was that there is not a cake mix in the house, and it would require another trip to the grocery store with the crazies looking for bread and milk. But, for my favorite little man, we went again. Trust me...it was just as nuts as I feared it would be. Now the question is whether or not to actually make the cupcakes. I figure if I make them, school will be cancelled tomorrow and we'll have a dozen cupcakes to eat that will do nothing but sabbotage every single effort I've made to lower my pants size. If I don't make them, I'm sure there will be afternoon nursery school tomorrow. So we're off to begin baking some chocolate cupcakes. If ever anyone figures out how to make just one cupcake from a cake mix, they'll forever be my hero.

Joshua is on another photo strike, so all I have is a few pictures of Lauren from yesterday. I hope you don't mind.


1 comment:

BrookesMommy said...

That little red bird is the cutest thing I ever did see!