Thursday, February 11, 2010

Nothing much...

Happy Lauren this morning before I left for the office.

And here's a future business-man (or grocery store clerk) if ever I've seen one. Don't you love the set up he came up with? Not one, but TWO step stools in use. Rolling tool box to hold his money that wouldn't fit into the cash register. Money being put neatly into its proper slot. Cracked me up!

It was a pretty low key snow day for us at home yesterday. Joshua was disappointed that a) he didn't get to go to school and b) he didn't get to go outside and play in the snow. When I told him that I wished we could, but that there was no one to watch Lauren since Daddy was working, he suggested that we should just let her inside. Add that to the list of reasons that Joshua's not old enough to babysit his little sister.

I spent the day in the kitchen. I made some baked spaghetti for supper last night (and evidently for supper until the middle of June based on how much I made). Then I got to work on BBQ pork and cheesy potatoes to deliver to a family from our church this evening for supper. I then made an apple pie type of dessert. I might have been able to accomplish more than just this little bit of cooking if it weren't for the horror that is teething. Lauren would not allow me to put her down all day....and I wish I was exaggerating. So, I pulled 4 pounds of pork and peeled a 5 lb bag of apples while holding Lauren. When it came time for putting things into and taking things out of the oven, I sat her down in her chair THIRTEEN INCHES FROM ME and listened to her scream as though I had disappeared forever. It bordered on ridiculous. By the time Jason got home I vowed I would not cook again until the children were gone from the house for good. It amazes me that some days it's so easy to get simple things done around the house and some days it's just about impossible. You can guess which yesterday was. And I might add into evidence a basket of the kids' laundry that remains parked at the bottom on the steps because I simply could not get it folded yesterday.

Joshua played like such a big boy all day. He was a scuba diver for a while (backpack on his back as his oxygen tank, construction goggles over his eyes to keep the water out, goose neck light from his toolbench bent like a snorkel). He also set up a Lego village to rival none I've seen in a while. We read stories while Lauren nursed. We watched a little TV (Young and the Restless for me, Wow Wow Wubbzy and Team Umizoomi for him). He fixed a wall in our house that was evidently in ruins based on the number of tools he needed to fix it. And he played me a song on his saxophone (his toy jackhammer turned upside down with the hammer part in his mouth as the mouthpiece). It's all imagination all the time for him!

We're gearing up for day #2 of school tomorrow and then a trip to Lewistown on Saturday through Monday. I'm betting there will be pictures....

No comments: