Monday, March 29, 2010

Hunting Eggs like Eskimos




I don't know what I think about having to dress in multiple layers to attend an Easter egg hunt, but that's exactly what we did yesterday afternoon. I think it's safe to report that a good time was had by all. Joshua remains on a sugar high from the candy he ate following his scavenging and I imagine that will continue pretty much through the end of next week when the novelty of sugar and Easter treats wears off. I have a million pictures of the egg hunting that look much like the one above- children scattering, parents taking pictures, etc. Most of the ones of Joshua show him opening each egg as he finds it. Many are blurry from the motion and my one handed camera action since Lauren in all of her bundled-ness was in my left arm as usual. Jason took the picture of her just to prove that she was, in fact, there. She was asleep on my shoulder before group 2 took off from the starting line.

Weather reports are showing 80 degrees for the weekend.....which upsets me. I really don't want to skip spring, and 80 is pushing summer for my liking. But the good news is that we'll surely be spending lots of time outside at Nana and Pap's this weekend, and I'm pretty sure that's good news for everyone. Especially one little boy I know who likes dirt, his Gator and taking tractor rides with his Pap.

And just to round things out, here are a few pictures of Lauren. She graduated into the land of big girl clothes this weekend and tried out her first 6 month outfits. She also fit into her little brown Pedi-Peds that I've been saving since before she was born. Oh goodness....the cuteness was almost too much. You can see in the picture that she wasn't so sure about having shoes on her feet---- she just kept grabbing at them to try and figure out what they were. And then, you'll see her modeling Joshua's sunglasses on Saturday. She's the coolest kid around for sure!




No comments: