Monday, May 3, 2010

We Are.....Penn State!



After being absent from blogging due to being busy living the past few weeks, I thought I should do a little catching up. Last weekend we decided to take the kids over to the Blue White game to let Joshua see with his own eyes what Penn State football is really like. I don't think he was disappointed!




First let me say that I was a little shocked at the progression and growth that has gone on with the Blue White game over the past 10 years. The last time I was there was when I was a senior. During my PSU experience, the Blue White game was nothing more than a good excuse not to study for finals. If you were lucky, there were 500 people in the stands. There was no carnival, no parade, no Blue Band involvement, no food vendors, no 8 million cars in the parking lots. I was a little shocked by the spectacle of it all, except that I really wasn't. It was a great chance to take the kids over to the stadium without having to put them through the hassle and commotion of a real game.




Joshua loved giving a few of the players high fives and seemed amazed that he had seen a "real live Penn State football player". He enjoyed the Blue Band and got to have his picture taken with the Lion. He was a little disappointed not to have seen Coach Paterno and we looked everywhere for him.




Lauren was a trooper, riding in the sling most of the day and then sitting in my lap in the stadium. She travelled relatively well and seemed to enjoy looking around at all the people.




Enjoy a few pictures!




No comments: