Tuesday, August 24, 2010

The view from here...

This is what it looked like at our house this morning as I was getting my things gathered up to head to the office. Joshua was playing with his walkie-talkie pretending to be the crocodile hunter guys that we watched last night on a show called "Swamp Men" or something else gross like that. Lauren was bee-bopping around the house (with Joshua's stick horse) babbling "Mum-Mum-Mum-Mum" while she pointed to me in the most adorable way. She was wearing a little dress that she's quickly getting too big for and really showing off her walking skills.

They were almost so cute that I thought about staying home with them for the day.
Until Joshua threw a fit and hit my car with his walkie-talkie.

Said walkie-talkie is now in my vehicle under arrest. Which is where I'd have liked to put my son. Instead, he was put onto the couch and had his television privileges revoked for the next 60 minutes. You'd have thought I had sentenced him to life without parole by the size of the tears he cried.

I then got into my car, turned up the music and thanked God for my job. Does that make me a bad Mom?

1 comment:

BrookesMommy said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
I only laugh because I can actually hear you saying those words!

You're hilarious!