Thursday, September 23, 2010

Well...it was a good run.

It's been a good run...almost 12 whole months without a sick visit for our little lady.  But last night, I knew the streak had ended when she screamed as though she was being ripped limb from limb from 9:30 until about 11:00.  We've all been dealing with a cold this week, and I guess it just got the best of her this time.  The fever hit her around midnight, and she was inconsolable through the night unless she was in my arms.  After two rounds of Tylenol, she finally slept in her crib from 2:30 until 4:30, allowing me some much needed time to rest.  But otherwise, we were in the rocker, rocking for dear life. 

Lauren had her first sick visit at the doctor's office this afternoon and sure enough, an ear infection is to blame.  As much as I hate to have something wrong with her, I do feel glad that it was something identifiable and treatable so that we know how to help her.  I might have lost it completely if they had told me that it was just a cold that needed to run its course.

Poor Lauren.  She was exhausted when I got her home this afternoon after being to the doctor's office and then to Wal-Mart to pick up her pink antibiotic.  I hope that after a good nap and the first dose of medicine, she'll start perking up again soon.

In good news, she has continued to nicely gain some weight.  She was 18 lb 9.5 oz this afternoon (dressed, minus shoes).

Jason and I are the next two in line plagued with this thing.  But as long as the kids are on the mend, I'll be happy.

No comments: