Thursday, December 23, 2010

We're home.

I wish I would have counted the number of trips that were made up and down stairs in the past few days.  I can tell you by the throbbing in my feet and legs that it was plenty.  But we can officially say that we are now settled into our new house and are loving every minute of it.  Most of the essential unpacking is done, and we're left with what I am referring to as the annoying odds and ends of stuff.  There's one trip that still has to be made from Greenbriar Drive with some books and totes from the kids rooms (and a bottle of syrup that still resides in the old pantry....discovered that the hard way when Joshua requested pancakes a few minutes ago for breakfast).  But all in all, I'd say we're light years ahead of where I expected we'd be after Day 1.

Today we have some running around to do to pick up a few last minute things (a lamp here, an end table there).  We also plan to start hanging things on the walls and turn the garage back into a garage from its current state of a primitive craft store.  We need to do something to the dryer to get it working (something about a 3 prong instead of a 4 or something like that) and then I can start working on the mountains of laundry that are staring at me through the laundry room door.  Call me sick, but I'm actually looking forward to doing laundry in the new house--- right off the kitchen.  It's a dream I've had for quite a while!  We also need to get the Christmas tree decorated today at some point, but I have a feeling I'll have a very eager volunteer to do that.

Joshua slept like a champ in his new room last night.  He poked me in the shoulder at 6:15 this morning and said he wanted to come downstairs to play.  Lauren didn't fare quite so well, as I think the unfamiliar sounds and surroundings were a bit more troublesome to her.  I think I logged more hours in the rocker in her room than I did in our bed, which is a shame considering I don't recall being this tired in a long time.  But we'll keep our fingers crossed that tonight is a better night.

Well, my little lady awakes.  More to come, and some pictures, I promise!

No comments: