Monday, January 17, 2011

Joshua-isms

Please forgive the lack of posts over the past few weeks.  I don't know what my excuse is other than that I just haven't gotten to "blog" on the to-do list in recent days.  And I'll ask forgiveness up front for not having any new photos to post here today either.  There are many on the camera, but being that I didn't even get to write a blog entry in a while, I think it's a safe assumption that digging for the USB cord and waiting the sweet forever to download photos wasn't happening lately either.

But, don't worry.  I have good "Joshua-ism" material for today that I think may be worth the wait.  There are 3 different occasions lately that made me laugh at our little buddy and the way his little mind works.  When the third one happened yesterday, a lightbulb went off in my mind that these are totally blog worthy, not because anyone really cares, but mostly because I don't want to forget them.

#1
Right after Christmas, K4 at Meadowbrook must have really been working on their Christmas carols.  Each day it seemed that Joshua was coming home singing a different carol.  We're really noticing that he's a singer...seems to like to sing whenever he's coloring, taking a bath, doing anything that he thinks you're not paying attention to him.  His ability to carry a tune has increased somewhat, although we're still not ready to audition for Carnegie Hall just yet.  But I digress.  The kids were in the tub when Joshua asked if he could sing "O Come All Ye Faithful" for me.  He did great...until he got to the line about "born the King of Angels".  His variation......"born the King of England".  HA!

#2
The first week back to school after New Years, Joshua had a substitute teacher.  She was there all week.  On Wednesday I asked Joshua what the substitute's name was.  To which he replied that he had no idea.  Later, while we were getting the kids tubbed, he suddlenly proclaimed that he knew what his teacher's name was.  "I think it's......Mrs. Sippy."  Get it?  Her name was actually Mrs. Benfer, in case you're wondering.

#3
And finally, yesterday on the way to church, Joshua asked if Bear could come along with us.  When we parked the car he asked if Bear could come into church with us.  I told him that I thought it would be best if Bear waited for us in the car so we didn't forget him.  I suggested that perhaps Bear might enjoy the peace and quiet of the car.  Joshua replied, "I think that will work well.  He fell asleep on the ride here anyway."

What a kid.  I can't tell you how much I'm loving his 4 year old little mind.  It's going a million miles an hour most of the time.  But just to ask him what he's thinking is the joy of my day.

No comments: