Sunday, February 6, 2011

Weekend at Nana and Pap's

It had been way too long since we'd visited Nana and Pap, so we decided to make a trip to Lewistown this weekend for some quality time with them, Aunt Libby, Uncle Zig and Brooke.  The kids had a blast together.  We seem to have reached the point where it's not unreasonable to expect that Joshua and Brooke will play together nicely and enjoy each other.  Lauren loved watching the big kids play, and the more they giggled, the more she giggled.

We really didn't do too much of anything.  The winter weather turned tricky on Saturday with what turned into an ice storm, so we tucked in and played inside most of the day.  We had ideas of some outside snow playing, but the ice took that option right off the table.

Here are a few pictures...

 It's pretty rare to get a good picture of both of the kids together, but I hit the jackpot here, I think!


A rare picture of me and Lauren.  We don't have very many of these!

This was quite the giggle fest as the kids all tried to "scare" Pap without him catching them.  The only way we got the kids settled down (and stopped their high pitched squealing) was to put them in the tub.  Yikes!

This one pretty much captures the essence of Lauren.

And these are two shots of Pap and Josh marching up the big, icy hill to take corn up for the deer.  Joshua was so excited about helping Pap with this job.

1 comment:

Jeannine said...

It was so good to see you guys this weekend! Love the pictures, especially the one with you and Lo - it is priceless. She will always cherish it I'm sure. I have a picture of me and my pappy Ed when I was 1 yr old and it's one of my favorite pictures. Love ya, Neen