Wednesday, February 2, 2011

What did you do on YOUR snow day?

 I can't truthfully say that I was heartbroken to hear that we were finally going to get hit with a sizeable winter storm yesterday and today, although I do wish that it had been all fluffy white snow so that we could have been outside having some fun.  Instead, the kids and I kept ourselves very busy yesterday, and here is our report.  As you can see above, we did a whole lot of laundry.  I believe there were 3 baskets to put away upstairs and we washed at least another 4.  Have I mentioned how I love having our laundry room on the main floor of the house?  Oh, only 10 times?

Lauren woke up yesterday morning soaked to her shoulder blades, which required everything short of the carpet under her crib be washed.  So, I took that as a sign that everyone's bed stuff should be washed yesterday while I had some unexpected time to work on it.  I show you this picture of our neatly made bed because it doesn't look this way very often.  Actually it didn't look like that 5 seconds after I snapped this picture because there were two little monkeys jumping on my bed!  But the giggles were WAY worth it.

 In the afternoon, while Lauren did this...

Joshua and I did THIS!  We finally made our cotton ball snowman (on the back of an opened up Cheerios box).  I totally stole this idea from Libby.  But it was fun.  We had glue everywhere and ended up with a pretty fluffy looking snowman who now graces the side of the fridge.  Very fun idea, Lib!

And then we put the finishing touches on the long list of things that Joshua needed to bring to school for his Valentine's party.  We had to wrap a shoebox with plain paper so that he can decorate it at school.  And we had to work on these little treat bags that he wanted to take for everyone.  His Valentines, pretzels and little individual cup of ice cream need to be taken to school if ever the kids return this week.

I also caught up on the Young and the Restless while all of the crafting was going on.  I find it amazing how quickly I can zip through 4 episodes of Y&R thanks to the DVR.  Now I can go to my parent's house on Friday and be able to talk to Mom and Libby about Y&R without being the one who has to keep saying "Don't tell me!  I haven't watched that one yet!"

We're already started on our coloring activities for today's snow day.  On tap for today is prepping for Daddy's big birthday dinner here at our house with Grandma and Grandpa tomorrow night.  We have a cake to bake, filling balls to prep and presents to wrap.  I got it in my head that I wanted to make a big roast chicken, mashed potato/gravy, filling ball supper for him, but was a bit delusional in the fact that I  will be out of town most of the day tomorrow for a meeting in State College.  Could get interesting, my friends.  But we'll give it our best shot.

Enjoy your ICE day today!

No comments: