Wednesday, June 8, 2011

What's in the camera this morning?

I'm trying to keep up with blogging these days.  But when weekends like this one happen, I sometimes have to go back and look through the camera to figure out what we did.  I found lots and lots of smiling faces-- hope you'll enjoy them.



This little spunky monkey continues to amaze me.  Her language is taking off at the speed of light- putting together 3 and 4 word sentences and repeating literally everything she hears.  She can count to ten (although she skips 6 every single time, don't know why) and knows just about all of her colors.  I wish I could claim credit for this, but I believe it should either go to Joshua or Elmo.  And since I'm sharing what I am proud of about Lauren, it is only fair to also share that her two other favorite words are "NO!" and "MINE!" (please note the emphasis, and realize that it's only half as much as she really puts into it).  This is a girl who doesn't take crap from anyone- especially not her brother.  So the spats are high energy at our house.  But for all the spunk and all the personality, there is a whole lot of sweetness to balance it out. 

Pictures of Joshua are hard to come by these days.  He has been enjoying his summer vacation a whole lot.  He says he likes it because he gets to "sleep in".  I put that in quotation marks because he hasn't slept past 7:00 yet, but I do have to say that I'm enjoying not having to rush him around in the morning and shove breakfast into him to have him out the door at 7:40.  That will all come rushing back to us far too soon.
I love this picture of Lauren.  Like every other 19 month old I've ever met, she is fascinated with bubbles.  I believe it is safe to say she has eaten at least one bottle of bubbles so far this spring and has spilled the equivalent of at least 4 more, but she persists at practicing. 
Lauren spent a large chunk of Saturday afternoon playing with Joshua's grill set that he found while we were rummaging in the basement looking for some small size pajamas to share with a church friend.  Our strategy of keeping some toys hidden in the basement when we moved works really well except for when we allow Joshua into the basement, at which point his eyes widen like he has just seen Heaven.  He suddenly remembers all of the toys that he forgot about and insists that we bring some upstairs.  I can only say that I hope we can find somewhere else for him to be when the day comes that I yard sale the majority of said toys.  But Lauren got great enjoyment out of this and cooked up a storm for me.  Her favorite thing to make was "coffee" in the cups.  Guess she knows her Mama likes her coffee (although not right now!).
After getting ready for church on Sunday morning, Lauren came downstairs and declared to Josh, "Wook Josh!  I pretty!"  And pretty she was in her little Osh Kosh jumper and pink monogrammed bow.  (Thanks Libby for sharing this little outfit gem from Brooke's stash!)  She was hugging her beloved Monkey who had just come from two tumbles in the washer after she threw him in the toilet on Saturday night.  Joshua obliged his baby sister pretty well, told her how pretty she looked and then let her cuddle on the big chair with him while I got the last few things around for church.  I love the relationship that is developing between them.  In the moments that it is sweet, it is super sweet.  And we cherish them when they happen.

Much more to share, but I'll stop here because my Monday post has taken me until Wednesday to actually publish.  I have more pictures in the camera from our already full week of summer fun.  More exciting information after tomorrow, I hope.  

No comments: