Wednesday, September 28, 2011

A rare moment captured.

There's nothing like the iPhone to halt sibling rivalry.  After an evening of intense bickering, squealing, arguing and Lauren waving her finger at Josh saying, "Josh, don't you do that ever, ever, ever!" (her new favorite phrase), we found the two of them quietly sitting together working on the Monkey Lunchbox preschool game on my phone.  When Lauren would get stumped, Joshua would assist.  When she would get a question right (like colors or shapes or something pretty simple), he would praise her. 

And so, I thank you, Apple, for the gift of peace and quiet on an evening when I couldn't take one more moment of dispute between the two loves of my life.  Although I have learned to serve as family referee, it's not the duty around here that I most particularly enjoy.

I wonder what it's going to be like to referee THREE of them?  15 weeks and counting.

No comments: