Friday, October 7, 2011

Taking Advantage!

First, let me say that I fully intended to post this on Wednesday.  And Thursday.  But now it is Friday and I'm just grateful this didn't get pushed into next week.  I had a post in my head, but now that it is so far past when I had intended to write it, I'll just go with the update of what has been going on instead.

We have spent the past few days taking advantage of the beautiful weather.  After the monsoon conditions we've recently suffered through, just seeing sunshine has been such a welcome surprise.  And five days of it in a row is almost too good to be true.  Sadly, week 25 of pregnancy has begun the transition into my running out of energy again, so as much as I would have liked to have had the kids to the park or something else fun, we've just been playing around outside.  Honestly, it's been so long since they've been out, I don't even think Joshua and Lauren missed the playground.  They were just grateful for fresh air!





These were a few pictures of our outside play time on Wednesday evening.  The kids ran and played until they couldn't run anymore.  I had to snap this last picture of Joshua's chalk art (which, by the way, covered our entire driveway!) because I thought it looked a bit like a tombstone.  But Joshua quickly corrected me and told me that it wasn't a tombstone, it was the Ten Commandments.  That makes much more sense.  Since Josh had the rest of the family names all figured out, I only wish he would have figured out what we should name his baby sister.

Otherwise this week, we have been chasing our tails a bit.  On Tuesday, Lauren had her 2 year checkup at the doctor and did so well.  For as strong of a personality as she has, she really knows when and how to turn on the charm.  Where Joshua would have been screaming bloody murder as soon as the nurse called his name, Lauren is as calm as can be.  We saw a few tears at her shots, but they were quickly replaced with requests to go see the fish in the waiting room.  She now weighs 28 lb 3 oz and was 35" tall.  They were pleased with her developmental progress and sent us on our way.  Every time I leave the doctor's office with a good report, I always feel so grateful for the health of both of the kids.  I just cannot imagine the agony that parents go through when their children are having trouble. 
We are geared up this weekend for a visit to the Woolly Worm Festival to see the worm races and the petting zoo and pony rides.  Lauren is thrilled with the idea of a pony ride, although Joshua feels the need to let her know that it's not the same as the horsies she rides on at Knoebel's.  One thing is for sure--- we are going to enjoy this wonderful weather while it lasts.  January and February are going to be looooooooong cold months stuck inside with a newborn and two other stir crazy kiddos.  I need all the fresh air I can get now!

Wishing you a wonderful weekend to celebrate Fall!

No comments: