Friday, October 14, 2011

Alright October, slow it down a little bit!

I love October.  Everything about it makes me happy.  And the way that our schedule is shaping up lately, it certainly appears that we have been taking advantage of all of it!  The only problem is that it really seems to be zipping by super fast.  Perhaps it is all of the preparation that needs to be done at our house to gear up for the baby's arrival in just under 13 weeks.  Or perhaps it is just that we're too busy for our own good.  Either way, I'm wishing October would take its sweet time finishing up!

Here are highlights from the past week.

On Saturday, while Daddy was at work, the kids and I headed into Lewisburg for the Woolly Worm Festival.  I felt like a bum as our Kiwanis Club orgainzes the manages the festival, but having the kids has made it a little difficult for me to help out for the whole day's affair.  They had a blast.  It didn't hurt that we ran into Emily and the kids there--- the Mowry's are fast becoming Joshua's favorite crew to play with.  They painted caterpillars, rode ponies, bounced in the bounce house, went into the petting zoo, ate some hot dogs, listened to some funny songs by Eric Sundberg and played some games.  See?





It didn't take long until we were all completely played out and needed to head home for some down time.  I was hoping for a nice nap from Lauren, but it didn't go that way.  Instead, we spent the afternoon together at home.

On Sunday after church (and yes, Lauren went with Joshua to kids church again with only a few tears at the doorway) Emily and I took the kids to Subway for lunch and then to their house to bounce out their energy in their bouncer.  It was a beautiful afternoon, so it felt good to enjoy some sunshine, chatting and staring at baby Kinley on their deck.  The Daddies were golfing in the morning, so we even caught up with them a bit that afternoon.  This marked Lauren's 2nd day in a row without a nap, and I can tell you that it starts getting a little ugly on day 2.  She is 2 now, after all.  But the outside play time was worth it.  I think.

Yesterday, I had a date with the cutest almost-five year old.  After school was over, I picked Joshua up and we headed out for lunch (Subway again...his favorite) and then to Williamsport for the Max & Ruby show at the Community Arts Center.  Although he doesn't weigh quite enough to hold the seat down (trust me when I say my 27 week pregnant self doesn't share his issues), he sat so patiently as we waited for the show to start.  And once it did, I swear he didn't stop smiling until it was all over.  He couldn't believe Max and Ruby were actually there on the stage.  This was his first live performance experience with anything, so he really seemed to get a kick out of it and I was thrilled that we could do it together.




Busy weekend ahead again.  Nana is coming for an overnight visit tonight into tomorrow and the kids are super excited.  When I told Lauren she said, "Ooooooh Nana's coming?  I love see Nana!  Josh, don't you love see Nana too?"  So I think she'll feel very welcomed when she arrives this evening.  And then we have a whole lot of birthday party prep to get ready for next weekend when we celebrate Joshua's big #5 birthday.  I already can't believe that one.  Might take my whole week to wrap my head around the idea that my baby is going to be 5.

I hope you're enjoying October as much as we are!

No comments: