Thursday, February 23, 2012

All signs point to a great day.


When I opened my eyes this morning and saw 4:57 on the clock, I knew it was going to be a good day.  I had laid sweet Mara down last night around 11:00, and this was the first time she stirred.  She had eaten well around 9 and then snacked a bit around 10, but this marked her longest stretch of sleep yet.  Do I dare to hope that this might be the start of something wonderful? 

So it is now 8:04.  I am showered, dressed, hair and makeup done (the latter being a miracle, as it is usually a scramble around 10:00 to get it done while feeding Mara while rushing out the door to school).  Joshua was off to school after eating all of his breakfast and getting his teeth brushed without me having to coax him.  Lauren is up, dressed and eating her pancake.  The laundry is started.  There are no dishes in my sink.

It's like Christmas around here.

This is not to say that the wheels won't fall off later today, but for now, I'm feeling pretty grateful for a good morning. 

 I am absolutely in love with this picture.  Lauren is always leaning over Mara's seat talking to her or  kissing her or loving her in some way.  Yesterday, Mara really seemed to get a kick out of her big sister and kept smiling at Lauren.  Lauren couldn't get enough!

And just moments ago, getting a bit more beauty sleep.  Don't tell her, but she doesn't need it.



No comments: