Wednesday, February 22, 2012

It worked!!

 Our first real smiling picture from Mara!  Melts my heart.

 Meeting Great Pappy Ray for the first time. 

 Grandma Shirley, Aunt Pat and Aunt Karen got to come and visit with us for a while. I didn't get a picture of Aunt Karen and Aunt Pat, but Mara loved them both. Here she is with Great Grandma Shirley and Pap. 

 Great Pappy Fred and Freda (who needs a name for the kids to call her other than Freda, I've just determined) came over in the evening.  Even during her "I want to eat all the time" hours, she let them get to know her a little bit.  Pappy Fred stole plenty of kisses on her cheeks and forehead, just like he has always done with us growing up.

The social activity of the evening was a walk down memory lane when Dad set up the slide projector and got out the old carousels of slides from when we were babies.  We had quite a few good laughs, just the same way our kids will one day as they make fun of our outfits, hairstyles and how young we looked.  And it's official.  None of the kids look ANYTHING like me when I was a baby.  Like not even at all.  The State Farm photo circa 1978 was me.  Need to frame that one for my office!

No comments: