Thursday, March 15, 2012

Two Months Already

 I'm way late with my 2 month post, but with the cuteness of these photos, I know that "better late than never" applies for sure.  I can't believe it, but Mara is 2 months old.  She has become so much more alert since last month, staying awake a large part of the day with more defined nap times. She continues to be a relatively good sleeper.  And her smile will light up a room.  We love her so much.  Big brother and sister are still smitten with her.  Lauren, especially, cannot get enough kisses.  But I love watching all of the kids enjoying each other.  I hope I have a lot of deja vu moments in the future, seeing the kids getting along well as grown children/adults, remembering the sweetness of the moments in these early days.

Mara is still quite small.  8 lbs even to be exact at her two month check up last Tuesday.  She grew from 20" to 22 1/2", but the slow weight gain is causing some worry.  We are now instructed to wake her up to eat no more than every 4 hrs at night (she was sleeping 6-7) and to feed her as much as possible during the day.  She ate quite a bit already.  We go back for a weight check on March 23rd and hope that she is pacing on her growth curve.  As long as she hasn't fallen off her curve, I'm told we will be fine.  With as hard as we worked to develop her into a good nurser, I'm really hoping that we don't have to change the program at this point.  But we will do whatever we need to do to make sure she is growing strong and healthy.

At this point, she is still wearing newborn clothes and diapers, although one piece newborn clothes no longer fit her lengthwise.  For fun, she likes to roll around on the floor and play under Aunt Libby's pink play gym.  She loves the Moby wrap and is in there quite a bit during the day.  (It's the only way I can get two hands free to do anything!)  She's a good car traveller most of the time.  Daytime naps are sporadic-long if she's being held, and can be as short as 15 minutes if you try to lay her down.  Night time sleep is great- especially in the Miracle Blanket- but we've been having to wake her.  I fear I may be ruining my good sleeper by establishing those habits, but we'll see.

She coos and smiles at us regularly now and is working really hard to be able to sit up and look around.  She doesn't like to be laying in your arms.  I think she is afraid of missing something interesting. 




I am so in love.  What a precious two months this has been.  I just want to soak up every minute and make them last as long as I can.  There is a song on the newest Selah album that sums it up perfectly- "I'm down on my knees, help me soak it all in.  I want all of this life that You'll let me live.  And when time flies by, Lord, remind me to breathe.  My Heaven on earth is moments like these."

1 comment:

Emily said...

I so love your post and your pictures and I love, love, love that song! I try to keep that in my head every day...especially during the more trying times. So glad to have you to share this journey.