Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Recovery Day

Jason and I had a chance to celebrate Christmas in May this year.  As a gift for Christmas, when I was so expectant with Mara, he gave me tickets to see Lady Antebellum in concert.  We had looked forward to it since then, and Sunday was the night.  Grandma stayed with the kids while we headed for Hershey to watch the show.  We had a great time!  The show was great- Thompson Square, Darius Rucker and Lady A...and none of the three disappointed.  It was a super late night, though, and since I am famous for being fast asleep on the couch at 9 pm, we weren't sure how long we would last.  But the concert was so good that we stayed the whole time.  We returned home a little after 1.  Mara must have sensed our presence, because she was awake and waiting to eat when we got in the door.  I fed her and finally gother settled around 2.  And then, before I knew it, the alarm was ringing to get ready so that I could get Joshua ready for school.  Despite the short night, having a kid-free night out was so worth it.

So, needless to say, Grandma needed Monday to recuperate.  So I stayed home with my three favorite munchkins.  My tail was dragging, but we survived the day...perhaps with a little more tv watching and a little less playtime with Mommy...but you do what you must to get through.

But there were a few things that made me happy.

First of all, I was mixing up a snack mix for Joshua's celebration of reaching 100 in their counting in school.  Everyone needed 100 small snack items so that they could make a snack mix to share.  So I counted out his 100 Runts, and then made a mix of safe things for him.  Lauren spotted the Swedish Fish that I was putting in and proceeded all day to try to sneak them out of his backpack.  The part I loved was that she calls them "gooey fish". And I will give her points for persistence. 

Secondly, Lauren, our family's Energizer Bunny who doesn't ever need a nap, crashed on the couch mid afternoon.  I actually struggled to wake her up for supper.  That nap improved her mood greatly.  If only she'd do it daily.
Precious smiles from Mara make my day.  And this picture is definitely up there with my favorites.  This smile is what we get most of the day...such a happy girl.  I swear I fall in love a little deeper every single day..
And one more for good measure.

Joshua has been such a sweet boy lately too.  I was just happy that  he allowed me to take his picture.  I know the blog has been lacking in photos of him, but he's evasive when  he doesn't approve of his picture being taken and I lack the energy to chase him.  His happy news of the day was that since Daddy wasn't going to be home for supper, he chose grilled cheese and tomato soup for dinner and promptly gobbled it all up.

Monday was a good day.  Always a blessing to be home with the kids.  Even when I was tired!

No comments: