Sunday, June 17, 2012

A GREAT weekend!

Yesterday marked the season's first trip to Knoebel's.  And judging by the reaction of the kids, I think it will be the first of many for this summer.  After a long stretch of being cooped up with not one or two rounds...but THREE rounds of strep throat in the past 4 weeks, it was time to get out!  This trip was extra special because we got to go with the Mowry's, always a treat for us to do anything with them. 

This was Mara's first trip to Knoebel's, and I would say that she enjoyed it...so long as I was holding her. She wasn't content in the stroller, and much preferred the Moby wrap or just being held.  The big kids ended up using the limosine length double stroller more than Mara did.  But oh well.  Mara seemed to like watching Josh and Lauren and McKenna and Cooper while they rode the rides.  We stopped a few times for her to nurse, and I can now add the middle of an amusement park to the list of places I never dreamed I'd breastfeed.

My words will fail me with the rest of the specifics, so here are some pictures!

 McKenna was Lauren's riding partner all night and was such a sweetheart to Lauren.  McKenna is a special, kind and very compassionate little girl.  Lauren adores her (and so do we!).

 I'm pretty sure Joshua's insurance rates are going to be ugly judging by his bumper car driving skills last evening!  But he had fun.  This was progress from last year when he spent the whole time stuck in a pileup in the middle of the rink.



This was one of Lauren's favorite rides.  I literally had to drag her away from it after she had ridden it (alone) 4 times in a row.  I believe the ride attendant was beginning to feel stalked!  The fact that those bugs are purple certainly didn't hurt matters.



 Here was sweet Mara on one of a few rare moments that she rode in the stroller.  It didn't last long after the camera flashed, but at least I got one of her!

This one cracks me up.  Please don't miss Cooper at the top left riding the kiddie roller coaster all by himself.  Emily and Joshua are in the next car and Jason and Lauren are behind them.  Figuring out who would ride with whom was probably our most difficult decision of the night.  Earl and I (certainly the least enthusaistic riders among the group) were on baby/stroller duty.  Cooper was so brave, though!!  Lauren declared that this was her favorite ride- never mind that it gave me a heart attack that she was on it!

Look out--- swift subject change ahead.

And today I think I hit the photo jackpot with a picture of all three kids that includes at least a relative smile on everyone's face.  This one will be in a frame before week's end, I assure you.



After church today, the kids and I worked on this little golf cake for Daddy in celebration of Father's Day.  They thought it was hilarious that we put a golf ball in Daddy's cake.  Looking at it here, I realize just how much my cake icing writing leaves to be desired.  But it was the thought that counts.

1 comment:

Ruth said...

What a great pic of your three kids!! It's a miracle in my opinion to get a pic like that with more than one young child.

As for places you never expected to nurse, they do have a nursing room (more than one actually) ast Knoebels. I used it with Ian. A few weeks ago I nursed Oliver at Knoebels (not in the rooms) so you are not alone! Last Thursday it was at the Bloomsburg Fair. i vastly prefer to nurse at home with a boppy pillow and no cover (I am awkward with the cover although i always use one when in public).