Friday, November 2, 2012

Trick or Treat

We were so grateful that Hurricane Sandy moved on to allow the kids some Trick or Treat fun on Halloween.  Joshua declares that Halloween is his favorite holiday....until he remembers about Christmas....but really, he does enjoy the spooky stuff.  His bedroom has even been decorated as a haunted house since about mid-September- complete with spiders, gooey eyeballs and (Lord help me) a rat.  The only good news is that I have encouraged Joshua to learn how to put away his own laundry because I try to limit my time alone in his room with that stupid rat.

Lauren loves Halloween too...mostly becuase of the candy.  She has been telling me that she wanted to dress up like a beautiful butterfly for months.

And Mara has no idea what Halloween is, but I believe in my heart of hearts that she knew she was adorable in her elephant costume.

We bundled up in many many layers on Wednesday night and headed out around the neighborhood for some treats.  I was disappointed in our neighborhood's showing--- there weren't many lights on at all.  In years past we have gone to the church's Trunk or Treat event, but this year they didn't have it.  I was perfectly content to be back inside within an hour of setting out on our adventure, and honestly the kids didn't seem to mind that it was a pretty low key evening.  After we returned, I swapped just about everything out of their buckets for peanut safe candy choices, while they were outside handing out candy to the kids who came by our house.  The only down side is that not only do we have two trick or treat pails full of candy, but I also have the remnants of the big bags I had to buy to get a good assortment for the kids.  So if you know anyone who needs some candy, kindly let me know.  I have enough sugar at our house to put us into a serious carbohydrate coma.

Here are some pictures!




2 comments:

Ruth said...

She is the sweetest little elephant I've ever seen! :-) You are one brave mama to allow a rat in the house. Wow. I do not think my kids will be allowed any live rats. Eek!

Megan said...

Ruth---- no live rats!!! I have a strict no rodent rule...within a mile from me. Sorry if I wasn't clear. :-)