Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Making supper.

We are quickly approaching the one year mark of my time as a mother of three.  Some things have gotten a little easier...or maybe I have just gotten used to the juggling act.  There are other things, however, that haven't gotten a stitch easier.  Like making dinner.  As evidenced by the following.

Last night, Jason was working late, so I planned accordingly.  The rules on those nights are to make something fast and easy that the kids will eat without a fight.  Generally that involves Subway, the occasional Happy Meal or a quick fix at home.  We all decided that grilled cheese and tomato soup would taste good, so that's what I got to work on.  Now, I should add that I can't even start dinner until I get in the door from the office, unload pumped milk and wash bottles, and then feed the baby who has decided that she doesn't much care for the milk I'm pumping and prefers to drink right from the cow I mean, source.  I continue to pump to maintain supply and also make sure I am prepared for those days when she decides that she DOES in fact want to drink a bottle mid-afternoon.  There's no question who is in control here, right.  It certainly isn't me.

Anyway, grilled cheese was in process when I turned around to see this.

 Mara was proceeding to empty pretty much everything out of the cupboards.  I had already replaced a bunch on two occasions before she started unloading again.  That glass mug she is holding is now resting beside its counterpart in the matching set high on the counter since she seemed to be intent on drinking a cup of coffee (or perhaps tea) out of a heavy, oversized Longaberger Christmas mug.  Mercy.

After I got that cleaned up....again....I went into the living room to tell the kids that supper was almost ready and found this.
Evidently Lauren had broken her head and her arm and Joshua had her admitted to the hospital.  Don't miss the details of the care he is providing.  She has an ice pack (dish rag) on her head, a cast on her arm, and an IV attached (handcuffs).  Thank goodness he nursed her back into good health to eat her supper.  I particularly like that the latex gloves in Joshua's hospital are Spider Man print.  I believe they may even shoot webs.  If that wouldn't make you feel better if you were sick, I don't know what would.

And this, my friends, is why I can't get anything done at the house.

No comments: