Friday, May 10, 2013

Tent City

I had to laugh last evening as I stood in the kitchen preparing supper, as the kids were all giggling about the fun they were having in their tents.  Joshua had pulled his Spider Man tent (the gift that keeps on giving, Aunt Libby!) to the landing and had constructed quite a campsite up there.  Bless his heart, he always takes the tent to the landing because Mara isn't allowed to play up there, and he knows that I watch her like a hawk to make sure she doesn't climb the stairs!  The girls wouldn't be outdone and asked for the fire truck tent to be brought up from the basement so that they could have a tent too.  So we had our own little tent city.  But it kept them occupied and happy while I was making our spaghetti and meatballs, and really, what more can a mom ask for at 5:00 after a long day at work?

I am noticing a really sweet relationship developing between Lauren and Mara.  Frankly, I think Lauren is sick of Joshua bossing her around.  So she has moved on to greener pastures.  I love seeing the girls playing happily together.  I know there will be rocky days....like from about age 12 to 18 or so....when they would rather take a beating than be together, but my prayer is that they'll be the kind of sisters who are always there for each other.

 Mara was so happy about playing in the tent that I couldn't even get her to stop for a smile!

I love this big boy....getting bigger by the day it seems right now.  I am still trying to wrap my mind around the fact that he is finished with kindergarten next week.  Just where did that year go?

We have a huge weekend planned.  Today, Joshua is hosting his friend, Luke, for a play day at our house.  He has been begging for this since the beginning of the school year and I was running out of time to keep my promise.  Now hopefully, amidst their excitement, they will hold up their end of the bargain by not ripping the house to shreds.

Tomorrow morning, the girls and I are headed for Lewistown for our (sort of) annual Cousins Day fun!  I cannot wait to see everyone.  This serves as a great little get together since we don't see everyone much anymore except for Christmas time.  So, this gives all of us a chance to be together, and for our kids to play together.  I'm so happy. 

Then, tomorrow evening, Mom and all of the girls (all 7....4 of whom are 4 and under!) will be gussied up to head to the Mother/Daughter banquet at the church.  Let's just hope we can avoid creating a scene at the dinner table with little people who prefer not to sit still.  I'm hoping to make the trip back home on Saturday night provided I can keep my eyes open.  I'm betting two little ladies will be fast asleep in the backseat after a long day of playing, but that's OK.

And then Sunday we'll head to church and hopefully get some great family time in the afternoon to celebrate Mother's Day.  There's nothing I'd rather do than be with Jason and the kids on Sunday, so who knows what we'll get into, but I'm sure it will be wonderful.

No comments: