Tuesday, September 10, 2013

A Perfect Weekend.

I would declare this past weekend to have been just about perfect.  For starters, I was off with the kids on Friday.  And it was one of those days where the weather was perfect, the kids were in good spirits, I had plenty of patience to survive the day, and a healthy dose of motivation to go along with it.  After dropping Lauren off at school, I had some one on one time with Mara.  Which never happens.  I don't even think SHE knew what to do with herself.  Then we picked Lauren up and had some girl time together at home until it was time to get Joshua after school.
 
We spent a few hours at the park together after school and had a great time.  Joshua's new friend Brooklyn joined us and all of the kids played well together, and their giggles filled up the whole park.
 
Saturday morning we got up bright and early and headed for one of my favorite places on Earth......Beaver Stadium for the start of the home PSU season.  It was a picture perfect day for football, and a great day to have Joshua and Lauren with us for the game.  This was Joshua's second time to go to a game, but Lauren's first.  
 
They looked adorable in their PSU gear.  I had looked high and low for a little cheerleader dress for Lauren, but couldn't find one outside of the expensive ones, so we opted for a cute t-shirt and bow instead.

The kids got a kick out of trying on real jerseys and pads at one of the displays outside of the stadium.  I giggle every time I look at this because their little arms could barely reach around the pads to hold on to the ball. 

A rare family shot (minus Mara).

 
Lauren declared that watching the Blue Band marching down to the stadium was one of her favorite parts.  This confirmed that we share DNA because I definitely love this part too.


 During the 3rd quarter, the cheerleaders and the Lion make an appearance, and we were able to snap a few pictures.  I was disappointed to look at the pictures and find that I had the camera on the wrong setting, which made the pictures a little dark.  But I'll still love them.


 
Lauren got a little bored during the game and ended up resting in my lap for a portion of the second half.  Secretly I didn't mind snuggling up with her.

 Stephanie was tailgating right next to us this week, so we got to visit for a bit after the game.  The kids were enjoying playing games with Steph's boyfriend, Kevin.

And I can't leave out this little darling.  We opted not to take her to the game with us because...well, it really doesn't need an explanation.  She's just not ready.  So she and Grandma had a fun day together at home.  On one hand, it felt odd to have a family day without her.  But on the other hand, I know we saved ourselves quite a bit of stress by not having to manage the revolving moods and short attention span of our recently turned 20 month old.  She is edging closer and closer to being two--- and it shows in her attitude, temper and a whole bunch of other ways.  But that smile melts me.

Sunday was an at home day after we got back from church, which was much needed in terms of laundry and some cleaning that were needed.  Luckily I had worked ahead enough on Friday that it wasn't critical.  I ended up having quite a bit of time to throw football with Joshua, blow bubbles with Mara and help Lauren practice playing wiffle ball.  I'd say it was a day well spent to cap off a just about perfect weekend.

1 comment:

Ruth said...

I meant to ask you on Sunday. Glad you had a great time! Oliver did take a longer than usual nap on Sunday (90 min). :)