Monday, September 2, 2013

Labor Day Weekend!

I was beyond pleased to have finished with my sentence of cleaning up puke, chaging puked clothes and washing puked bedding by the time Friday rolled around.  If I'm being honest, I high tailed it to the office on Friday morning and left Joshua here with his Grandma.  And I believe she had a bit of throwing up to handle, but it had slowed considerably.  (I surely hope you aren't reading this over your morning coffee.)

Friday morning, I needed to go to Kiwanis, and also needed to get Lauren to school for 9:15.  So we combined the two and she came along with me to Kiwanis at the Country Cupboard at 7:15.  Although it wasn't the most kid friendly event (more meeting talk than usual), she still seemed to enjoy going to a restaurant and especially just being alone with me.  I have really been trying to work hard at carving out some individual time for Lauren.  I just feel like she gets lost in the shuffle sometimes, and because she is so capable and so much more mature than 3, I expect so much from her, especially as I care for Mara.  So a little trip to Target last weekend, just the two of us, and now our Friday morning breakfast dates before school may be just what we need to make sure she isn't feeling left out or underappreciated.

The rest of the weekend was pretty unscheduled, and it was amazing.  We all got to watch the PSU game together on Saturday afternoon, which only served to get us SUPER over-the-top excited about the first home game this Saturday.  We are planning to take Joshua and Lauren with us to this one, and I absolutely can't wait.  There is just not too much that makes me happier than being at Beaver Stadium.  And to be able to take the kids (minus Mara who we don't think will appreciate the experience quite yet) is a really special thing.  Joshua is really getting into football this year and sat intently watching the game on Saturday, asking questions the whole time.  I actually remember doing exactly the same thing with my Pappy Ray when I was a little girl, sitting beside him at Beaver Stadium while he was suited up in his radio headset to listen to the announcers while watching the game live.  I can distinctly remember loving the game at that point, and loving PSU.

Sunday was church morning, and the girls looked adorable.  Had to snap a picture, and they didn't disappoint in terms of posing for me.


After some much needed resting time in the afternoon, we headed to Lewisburg to help celebrate our favorite two year old's birthday!  I cannot even believe that that we are even discussing, much less celebrating, these sweet little girls' second birthdays.  Although it seems on one hand that they have always been a part of our families, I still feel like it was five minutes ago that Emily and I were dragging our pregnant selves around just waiting, often impatiently, for the day they would arrive.  But here they are, bouncing their little hearts out.

 

The party was adorable and the kids really had a great time.  I believe we'll be talking to Santa about a vanity for Lauren for Christmas, because she couldn't seem to step away from it the whole time.  That girl loves her some girly jewelry and accessories.

We did have a bit of excitement when Joshua wrecked a little scooter and boogered up his face.  It surely didn't stop him from running around like a maniac the rest of the time we were there.  Both nurses on site declared him fine, just with a nasty brush burn, and an admonishment to wear a blasted helmet the next time he gets the bright idea to careen down the steep hill on a scooter.  Point well taken.





Monday I had toyed with the idea of a flying trip to Lewistown, but found that everyone there was in need of a quiet end to their weekend.  So we busied ourselves here.  Always plenty of work to be done.  We cleaned out the play room ahead of the birthday and holiday season that is quickly upon us,  did a whole bunch of laundry and changed bed sheets, cleaned floors and played at the house.  We cooked a delicious rib, cheesy potato and corn on the cob feast for dinner that I am still dreaming about.  The more we experiment with Jason's new smoker/grill, the more we love it.

Off and running on a busy week this week...but what else is new.  I have a few more posts up my sleeve, and plenty of material, so don't go far.

No comments: