Thursday, July 30, 2015

You know what I will never get tired of?

This. This sweet girl who tests me and pushes me and makes me pray a lot every day. 

The way the kids come down the steps in the morning, fresh from their rest, full of anticipation for whatever the day's fun is going to be...and the way they come to me first, before anything else for their hug and snuggle. 

The simple joys of summer-- when late bedtimes and too much ice cream takes the place of the normally (probably too) rigid schedule.  Where we run outside in the yard catching lightning bugs in our pajamas because I took the time to notice them. I can tell that I am not spontaneous enough based on the surprise in the kids' eyes when I called them outside at 9:00 to run around with me. 

Walks to the beloved "orange playground" where the kids had an epic Nerf gun battle on Tuesday night. Although hot, it was worth it for a walk with Toby and some adventure for the kids. 


We are really trying to enjoy what is left of the summer-- as I can feel it slipping out of my hands.  The planner page is turning to August all too soon with its list of back to school tasks that require our attention and I am just not ready. 

No comments: